Learn About Retinol
Retinol is a foundational product in many people's skincare regimens. Derived from Vitamin A, Retinol is a powerful antioxidant that supports fresh and revitalized skin. After application, retinol converts to its active ingredient retinoic acid, which causes our skin to increase collagen production and rapidly develop new cells. It is highly regarded for its impact on the visible effects of photoaging, including fine lines, wrinkles, and lost elasticity.
Why We Love Retinol
- Retinol is another powerhouse skincare ingredient that is incredibly effective at addressing a multitude of skin concerns:
- Uneven or dull complexion
- Acne scarring
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Retinol is the gentler on your skin than direct applications of retinoic acid
- Retinol stimulates collagen production which leads to firmer, healthier looking skin
- Retinol is a naturally occurring ingredient derived from Vitamin A
- Retinol is generally safe and effective for all skin types
How Retinol Fits in Your Skincare Regimen
- UV light will oxidize retinol, thereby rendering it inactive. For this reason, only use a retinol-based product at night before you go to bed.
- Apply on your skin after using cleanser and toner. Once retinol is dry, we recommend applying a moisturizer.
- If you're new to retinol, start by applying every 2-3 days. Work up to daily use over the course of 2-3 weeks. Apply consistently for 2-3 months for best results.
- Because retinol causes rapid growth of new skin cells, your sensitivity to sun will increase. It's important to wear a daily sunscreen while using retinol.