Learn About Alpha Arbutin
Alpha arbutin is naturally occurring antioxidant and brightening agent that is typically extracted from the bearberry plant. It improves skin tone and fights hyperpigmentation by inhibiting tyrosinase, the enzyme that controls melanin production in our skin cells.
Why We Love Alpha Arbutin
- Alpha arbutin is a secret skincare weapon that is incredibly effective at addressing a multitude of skin concerns:
- Uneven or dull complexion
- Acne scarring
- Alpha arbutin is safer and gentler on your skin than other popular ingredients such as hydroquinone.
- When applied after sun exposure, alpha arbutin can reduce the extent of pigment darkening that takes place
- Alpha arbutin is a naturally occurring ingredient
- Alpha arbutin is safe and effective for all skin types including sensitive skin
How Alpha Arbutin Fits in Your Skincare Regimen
- Use an alpha arbutin product after cleansing and toning, but before applying moisturizer and sunscreen.
- For best results, apply Alpha Arbutin twice daily, and use consistently for 2-3 months
- For extra impact, apply our brightening cream after our brightening serum.