Learn About Peptides
Peptides are chains of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins. Our bodies use proteins for numerous functions, including tissue growth and repair.
Many different types of peptides can be used in skincare, but the most common categories of peptides are signal peptides and neurotransmitter peptides. Signal peptides help stimulate collagen production, thereby increasing the skins firmness and plumpness. Neurotransmitter peptides work much in the same way as Botox, targeting the small muscle contractions in our face that create smile lines or wrinkles over time.
Peptides Used in Joieuse Serums and Creams
Matrixyl-3000™ – this peptide works to stimulate collagen production in our skin, leading to firmer, more supple skin.
Argireline™ Peptide – This peptide is well-known for its ability to stimulate the production of collagen, which helps the skin retain moisture and stay firm and healthy. It also targets the muscle contractions in the face that can lead to wrinkles, such as those around the eyes and lips from smiling.
Leuphasyl™ Peptide – This is another peptide that works in conjunction with Argireline™ to target the muscle contractions in the face that can lead to wrinkles.
SYN-AKE™ peptide – This peptide was designed to mimic the properties of Malaysian Temple Viper venom, working to relax the muscles in the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Snap-8™ Peptide – This peptide is a variation of the Argireline™ peptide and works in a similar fashion to target the repeated muscle contractions in the face that can lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
Why We Love Peptides
- Peptides stimulate collagen production, which leads to firmer and more supple skin
- Peptides are effective at preventing the formation of wrinkles and work in a similar manner to Botox, but at a lower cost and without the need for injections
- Peptides help the skin retain moisture, particularly when they include hyaluronic acid like our peptide products
- Peptides are safe and well-tolerated by all skin types
How Peptides Fit in Your Skincare Regimen
- A multi-peptide serum or cream should be used after cleansing and applying a toner, but before using a moisturizer and a morning sunscreen.
- Peptides should be applied morning and night for best results.
- Apply consistently for 2-3 months for best results
- Our multi-peptide cream may be applied after the multi-peptide serum for additional benefit